Peer Model Program
Peer Model registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now closed, and will resume on September 1, 2020. Please check back after this date for instructions and the enrollment packet.
Peer Model Information
Peer models are an important part of our program as children learn not only from adults but from watching and interacting with each other. Peer models are exposed to a positive and supportive environment that promotes self-confidence and appreciation for diversity among people. Peer models are accepted through an application process.
All children will be actively involved in learning through hands-on experiences. Self-help skills will be promoted to build each child’s independence. A daily gross motor or gym time develops small and large muscle development and coordination. The SWCS Preschool Program is a language-based preschool that promotes literacy and pre-readiness skills for school.
Our play-based curriculum focuses upon encouraging child development in the areas of communication, cognitive, social-emotional, motor and adaptive skills.
Peer Model Enrollment procedures for 2020-2021 school year
The criteria for peer models is as follows:
- Child must be 3 or 4 by September 30 of the school year
- Availability of space
- Payment of tuition-$90.00 per month
- Child must be toilet trained
- Parents of peer models are responsible for:
- Transportation to/from preschool
- Payment of monthly tuition
Priority is given to:
- Returning peer models
- Preschool staff children-immediate children and grandchildren
- Siblings of current preschool children
- Depending on space, older peer models may be moved to PM session