Peer Model Program
2/3/2020 Announcement: The peer model preschool program is full for the 2019-2020 school year.
To be added to the 2020-2021 peer model waitlist, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Complete the online registration process for your child.
- If you already have a child enrolled in the SWCSD, and you have a parent portal password, you can go directly to https://portal.swcsd.us/ to register additional children.
- Online registration click HERE.
- Do NOT make an appointment to visit the Student Enrollment Center.
Step 2: Download, print, and complete the peer model enrollment packet.
- Peer model enrollment packet click HERE.
Step 3: Visit the peer model preschool secretary to submit your packet
- Call 614-801-8225 to make an appointment with Jaime Kramer at Bolton Crossing Elementary School, located at 2695 Holt Road, Grove City 43123. Bring the peer model enrollment packet, and all necessary documents.
Peer Model Information
Peer models are an important part of our program as children learn not only from adults but from watching and interacting with each other. Peer models are exposed to a positive and supportive environment that promotes self-confidence and appreciation for diversity among people. Peer models are accepted through an application process.
All children will be actively involved in learning through hands-on experiences. Self-help skills will be promoted to build each child’s independence. A daily gross motor or gym time develops small and large muscle development and coordination. The SWCS Preschool Program is a language-based preschool that promotes literacy and pre-readiness skills for school.
Our play-based curriculum focuses upon encouraging child development in the areas of communication, cognitive, social-emotional, motor and adaptive skills.
Peer Model Enrollment procedures for 2020-2021 school year
The criteria for peer models is as follows:
- Child must be 3 or 4 by September 30 of the school year
- Availability of space
- Payment of tuition-$90.00 per month
- Child must be toilet trained
- Parents of peer models are responsible for:
- Transportation to/from preschool
- Payment of monthly tuition
Priority is given to:
- Returning peer models
- Preschool staff children-immediate children and grandchildren
- Siblings of current preschool children
- Depending on space, older peer models may be moved to PM session