Peer Model Program
Peer Model Information
Peer models are an important part of our program as children learn not only from adults but from watching and interacting with each other. Peer models are exposed to a positive and supportive environment that promotes self-confidence and appreciation for diversity among people. Peer models are accepted through an application process.
All children will be actively involved in learning through hands-on experiences. Self-help skills will be promoted to build each child’s independence. A daily gross motor or gym time develops small and large muscle development and coordination. The SWCS Preschool Program is a language-based preschool that promotes literacy and pre-readiness skills for school.
Our play-based curriculum focuses upon encouraging child development in the areas of communication, cognitive, social-emotional, motor and adaptive skills.
Peer Model Enrollment procedures for 2019-2020 school year
A completed application will determine placement for the upcoming school year.
The criteria for peer models is as follows:
- Child must be 3 or 4 by September 30 of the school year
- Availability of space
- Payment of tuition-$90.00 per month
- Child must be toilet trained
- Parents of peer models are responsible for:
- Transportation to/from preschool
- Payment of monthly tuition
Priority is given to:
- Returning peer models
- Preschool staff children-immediate children and grandchildren
- Siblings of current preschool children
- Depending on space, older peer models may be moved to PM session
This is a new procedure for the 2019-2020 school year. You will need to provide us with an email address in order to receive a google form on January 22, 2019 at 10 a.m. Please respond immediately as this will secure your spot by logging your location request with date/time. Once spots are secure, you will be sent an email confirming receipt. All paperwork needs to be completed and returned to the Preschool Center on January 28, 2019. If any document is missing (except medical form) you will have 24 hours to return that document to the Preschool Center to hold your spot. If not, you will lose your spot and move to the end of the placement requests. Attached you will find all the necessary forms and information for enrolling your child in the program as a peer model.
Please be sure to complete all sections and both sides of form and sign all documents.
Items needed for completion of packet:
- Location Preference Form
- Student Enrollment Packet
- Custody Confirmation Form
- Step Up To Quality Family Information Sheet
- Program Contract
- Release Form
- Roster / Photo / Video / Field Trip Form
- State & Federal Gov’t Requirements Form
- Health History
- Birth Certificate
- Parent ID
- Proof of Residency (2 current utility bills/lease/closing statement)
- Proof of Custody (if applicable)
- Medical Form (must be completed by physical before child can attend)